Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest

About Me

Burnsville, Minnesota
Scrapbooker, card maker, cricut expert, Tim Holtz stalker and Zentangle Addict!

Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Gate Fold Card



       Okay everyone this is my last post.  I sincerely hope you took some time for yourselves today and enjoyed the tutorials I had for you.  My last one is a easy card not quite as much folding or cutting as the others but still a nice interesting card


Heres the supplies................

  • Scor-Pal or other scoring board
  • 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece of cardstock
  • adhesive
  • additional cardstock
  • designer paper
  • embellishments



Heres the instructions.....................................



1.  Score your 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece of paper at 2 1/8" .  Without moving the cardstock score again at 6 3/8".

2. Cut patterened paper to adhere to card front panels.

3.  Cut basic white cardstock for inside of card for sentiment.

4.  Last but not least embellish front of card with qoute or flower or other image.

The image below is an old gate fold card I first made when I was new to this thing.  As you can see I added another panel on the front and an anchor.  The
anchor is fastened with a brad and actually serves the purpose of holding the card shut.  When you move the anchor it opens the card.   The card was done with watercolor pencil.





I have five classes next week so if you are interested in joining us for them I still have spots open.  Cricut Test Drive @ 10am on Tuesday, Cricut Card Tricks @ 10am on the 12th,  Vintage Holiday Cards @10 am on the 13th, Cricut off the page @ 10 am on the 16th,  and Flower Wow @ 10 am on the 11th.  I should mention that all these classes except the Cricut test drive class are also offered at 6 pm that day if you cant make the daytime classes.


Have a marvelous week and be blessed,
Melissa



 

No comments:

Post a Comment