Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest

About Me

Burnsville, Minnesota
Scrapbooker, card maker, cricut expert, Tim Holtz stalker and Zentangle Addict!

Friday, November 9, 2012

A smashing good time

 
 Hi Happy Friday everyone, just popping in to let everyone know what it is I have been up to this week. Besides working and running kids to appointments and so forth I found a little time to play with my smash book that has been so neglected.  I had so much fun and heres why.  I can spend more time on it because it is small and I can take it and a few pics and embellishments along with me to appointments with the kids while I sit in the waiting room.  It's not as overwhelming to fill a whole page.  Its more like the old style of scrapbook where you just glue random things in and keep momentos.  Its a no rules smash it in daily journal of sorts. 


Whether you by smash brand stuff from K & Company or make your own embellishments there is a ton of creativeness waiting for you to uncover in these journals.  If you go to the beach glue some of the sand down.  If your son or daughter had a terrific homerun at thier last baseball game scoop up a tiny bit of the dirt from homeplate and stick it in there or maybe in a llittle sealed bag.  Whatever the journey you can smash it right on the page with a pic to keep it.  Some people even make thier own smash style journals, if you really want to get creative here is a youtube link to show you how http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9oV9akW-fo.  If you dont want to make your own here is a video of a ladies journal and what she has it in it.  It is rather long but gives you an idea of the stuff you can put in it and some of the smash brand product as well as how she made some of her own embellishments http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYc0HR7Niuk&feature=related .  This should help you get started as well as take you to other videos you can search on from there.

Here are a few of the pages I have worked on.  The first ones are from our favorite hangout the science museum.  My daughter loves the rock and bug collections and my son of course goes for the electrical circuits and connector experiments.  I used October Afternoon's woodland park line.  I just used thier 8x 8 pads and embellishments.  I can carry those in a small bag no cutter needed since its a smash book and imperfections are a plus!  I take with me in the bag the following pop dots, scissors, glue pen, red line tape and all my stickers, wild cards, ribbon and tin pins and so forth are in a plastic box organized by line, pics and of course my glue gun.  Oh yeah and a few pens.Yes this all fits in a reusable shopping bag LOL
The whole page
 
 
close up of stickers and the cricut cut butterfly on the right edge




These photos are from the Science Museum the papers and stickers are from October afternoon.  Mostly I used the Woodland Park line the stickers are from report card line I believe.

 
The second pages are from a premier of the Real Pirates of course at the Science Museum again!  My daughter was given a gold coin by a Jack Sparrow knock off.  He walked past her stopped leaned back and handed it too her and told her to by a new tooth because her front tooth had fallen out. This was a great day for her because she also won tickets to the premier.  Guess that gold coin had a little luck in it also.  The last one is a funny one of our dog Jett who was not happy he wasnt going camping with us.  The pictures speak for themselves.  Enjoy!
 
Woodland Park used here once again.  The tin pin although is from 5& Dime.  See my mistake on the wording on the sticker?  I decided to leave it, yes its killing me but will stay.  I love the title around her head this was a day glo pen from Archivers.
 
Here I used the Campfire line from OA.  The wild card was a different line I have no idea which one.
Ha poor guy!  I felt sooo guilty!
 
 
 
Thats all for now everyone, have a great weekend and take some time for yourselves.
 
Melissa
 

No comments:

Post a Comment