Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest

About Me

Burnsville, Minnesota
Scrapbooker, card maker, cricut expert, Tim Holtz stalker and Zentangle Addict!

Friday, October 26, 2012

Well it is almost all hallows eve, the pumpkins will be carved the haunted houses dark and scary and soon we will have all the candy we ever needed or wanted.  The streets will be filled with witches and ghosts and things that go bump in the night.  We will take in the fresh autumn air one last time before all the trees become bare and the snow falls all around us.  Halloween is a favorite time of year at our house and I hope you take the evening to enjoy all the festivities whether it is with your children, the neighbors or possibly enjoying your grandchildren.

Tonight I am bringing you a couple of cards that I have made in the last few days.  They are both "cased" cards from the CARDS magazine from Northridge Publishing.  The first is made from a lady by the name of Paige Evans at paigeandchris.com.  I cannot show you her card as my subscription to CARDS magazine is a digital and I cant share the link.  Below is my case of the card.  I cut 1" square pieces of paper from a punch and turned it on point and folded two corners to the middle.  They were then sewed with my singer over the top.  The rest is obvious, the sentiment "YOU ROCK"  is from StampinUp!.  The papers were scraps from October Afternoon.








These are my my daughters Thank You cards for her birthday party.  Next are my Halloween goodies yes never fear there are halloween goodies in this post.  The first is a card I made with svg cut files from Lettering Delights the file is called Best Witches.  I sent this card to a neighbors little girl who was feeling under the weather. 
 
 
Last but not least this next card is also a case from CARDS magazines October issue 2012 made by  Christine Meyer at ScrappingwithChristine.blogspot.com.  Go visit these girls site and send them some love.  My card was made with the new Witch Hazel line from October Afternoon.  My favorite scrapbooking buddy and I hit the sale today and quite enjoyed ourselves!  The layers on the bottom as you can tell from the pictures are diamond shapes and the lower half of the diamonds are left unattached to give dimension and a look of layers.  The word strip is from the Witch Hazel miscellany kit and the black cat from their alpha stickers from the same line.  The buttons are also from the same line the twine is trendy twine that I had laying around.  The music note paper was cut from a svg file I found by googling lace svg and cut from the music note paper from the 8x8 paper pad.  That about sums it up.  Off to the Haunted Hallway I am running tomorrow at the High School, very excited to do some living dead makeup and evil creatures of all kind.  It will be a good time.  Have a great Halloween and until next time be blessed in everything you do.
 
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment