Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest

About Me

Burnsville, Minnesota
Scrapbooker, card maker, cricut expert, Tim Holtz stalker and Zentangle Addict!

Friday, September 21, 2012

Scratch off Jokes and Confetti card invitations

So am I safe to say that I am not alone on my Pinterest addiction?  From the quirky quote cards with the old fashion people on them too the outfits that fit mostly size 2 people. There are a ton of newly found recipes that I love, some I cooked and couldn't even attempt to eat it looked so awful but most were GREAT!  The paper arts things I have found are awesome which include the two new things I have created for my daughters invitations and classroom treats for school this year. 

The first one is the clear see through card that I pinned a while back.  The pin referred me to this website http://pebblesinc.blogspot.fr/  scroll down to middle right side of the page and find the search key.  Type in confetti card and it will take you to a few posts that have links to confetti cards.  The card is the second link titled Dear Pebbles.  I not only loved this card, I love everything about her blog.  From the scrapbook pages she designs, to the tutorials,  It is all so fresh and new and I love the reusable embellishment packaging on the front page of the blog.  You wont be disappointed in visiting this site!!

Second the joke scratch offs were another pinterest idea and you can find the website for this idea here at ArtMind  http://artmind-etcetera.blogspot.com/2009/05/how-to-make-scratch-off-lottery-tickets.html.  The link takes you directly to the page that has the scratch off tutorial and recipe.  It is super simple and easy.  I simply typed up some quick jokes and riddles in word printed them on cardstock and painted the metallic silver paint over the contact paper that I put over the answer.  Once dry I trimmed adhered to a fun paper for backing.  I put two jokes in a baggie with three rolls of smarties and a penny for scratching off.  The kids loved them and the jokes are still being told to friends and teachers.  I have to admit I included a few that made them think about math or spelling, I couldn't resist the learning opportunity especially when it came to a fun way to do it.

As for the details of the invitation I bought the clear overhead sheets at Office Max about 50 sheets for 15$ about the same price for cardstock.  I cut them square so I got one card out of two sheets, you can make them smaller.  Next I sewed them on my sewing machine with white thread on three sides and filled with colored confetti circles that I cut on my cricut at 3/4 inch. After sewing the top shut, I stamped the little girl holding the balloons onto off white cardstock.  The stamp is from October Afternoons Sidewalks Collection. Next I colored the image with Copic Markers and trimmed around the edges.  I wanted most of the card to remain clear but needed to put the invitation details on it also so after trimming the image I layed it on another piece of cardstock and cut a duplicate piece of blank off white cardstock that matched the shape and size of my stamped piece.  I then could line both pieces up on the front and the back of the card and it still remain see through.  I hand wrote the details on the back of the card.

I hope this gives you some inspiration and many thanks to those who are pinning and allowing all the creativity in our lives to go forth.

Keep Scrapping,
Melissa




 

1 comment: