Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest

About Me

Burnsville, Minnesota
Scrapbooker, card maker, cricut expert, Tim Holtz stalker and Zentangle Addict!

Monday, September 24, 2012

Old drawer turned wall art



       Today I am bringing you one of my favorite projects from around my house.  Last year I went to the River Hills sales with the hubby and the kids.  One of our favorite sale haunts of the year.  There I found two old wooden drawers that looked like old post office drawers possibly.  My Husband looked at me like I was of course crazy.  They were 5$ each and so of course I grabbed both because I was envisioning a seven gypsies type of wooden scrapbook wall hanging.  You know the 12x12 ones they sell at Archivers for about 20-30 $?    Well of course I love the idea of them and the off the page scrapbook album but I love vintage even more.  So I brought them home dusted them off and picked up my paper and a few pictures and went to town.  Now there was only one paper line that I know of and love that would do for this vintage project than one of my favorites October Afternoon.  I used their Weathervane line for this.  As you can see it was a fall themed line that contains little houses, cars,colorful trees and that cozy feeling of fall.  I had a few of my favorite pictures to add from my sons senior pictures that we took in the fall at Minnehaha Falls and some from winter of the family trying on goofy hats at Macy's one day.  I added some popups behind some of the trees and cars and houses as well as Weathervane rub-ons applying them before putting them in the square. 

     So the best part of this post is this, I am having my first ever give away!  Yes it will be October Afternoon product!  See below for the picture of what I am giving away.  Plenty of paper, tin pins, chip n stick, stickers a little bit of this line and a little bit of that line.  The details are this, the giveaway will be open for two weeks anyone who leaves a comment below will be entered in the drawing.  You can leave a comment or enter daily.  Also anyone who sends a friend my way who leaves a comment telling me so and so sent them will receive another entry as well as the friend. 

    Feel free to link to this on your page or blog.  Good luck and I hope you enjoyed the new project.  Later this week I hope to share the mailbox I am making for OCC (Operation Christmas Card). Till then have a great week but most of all keep scrapping!


Melissa


The box
The squares


















AND.....
 
Last but not least.....
 
A GIVEAWAY..... 
 
 
 
**DONT FORGET TO COMMENT**

Hmmm do I see Rocket Age,Cherry Hill, Ducks in a row, Thrift Shop, 9to5,Boarding Pass, SeaSide ????????




 

No comments:

Post a Comment